Diversity Best Practices, the pre-eminent organization for diversity thought leadership, has announced six 2011 CEO Diversity Leadership Award winners:
- Michael Howard, Chief Operating Officer, Army and Air Force Exchange Service
- John A Edwardson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, CDW
- Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, Interpublic Group
- John Veihmeyer, Chairman & CEO, KPMG LLP
- Judy McGrath, Chairman and CEO, MTV Networks
- George Borst, President and CEO, Toyota Financial Services
These executives are being honored for embedding diversity commitment and inclusion excellence throughout all levels of their companies.
A division of the international media company Bonnier, Diversity Best Practices will honor the CEO Diversity Leadership Award winners and their companies at the organization’s CEO Diversity Leadership Awards Gala Dinner, June 8, 2011 in New York, NY.
“It's no secret that without CEO commitment D&I does not move forward in organizations,” says Andrés Tapia, President, Diversity Best Practices. “What is less known is how much heavy lifting CEOs have to do to ensure that their companies make it part of their DNA. These winning CEOs are exemplary champions not just because of their inspiring words but also due to their authentic deeds."
Diversity Best Practices will also honor the winners of our Diversity Officers Leadership Award (DOLA) at the CEO Diversity Leadership Awards Gala Dinner. This award is presented to those individuals who innovate, inspire, and work above and across corporate borders to strengthen and grow the entire diversity sector.
The 2011 DOLA recipients, who represent the companies which receive the CEO Diversity Leadership Award, are:
- Herbertina “Tina” Johnson, Senior Director of Diversity, Army and Air Force Exchange Service
- Melissa Donaldson, Senior Manager, Inclusion Practices, CDW
- Heide Gardner, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Interpublic Group
- Kathy Hopinkah Hannan, National Managing Partner, Diversity & Corporate Responsibility, KPMG LLP
- Marva Smalls, Executive Vice President, Office of Global Inclusion, MTV Networks
- Joe Husman, Corporate Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility, Toyota Financial Services
Companies are nominated for these awards and fill out an extensive application about their commitment, practices and programs that evidence corporate diversity leadership and CEO commitment.
For more information on the 2011 CEO Diversity Leadership Awards Gala Dinner and the CEO Forum, visit the CEO Diversity Leadership Awards page.
This article was updated on April 21, 2011.