2010 Above and Beyond Award Winner
Network Groups Category
Founded in 2001 as an ERG for Hispanic employees at Dell, aDellante currently has approximately 580 members. At Dell, “aDellante” means foot-forward, whereby our collective input advances Dell – its leadership, its people and our communities.
aDellante leads the planning and execution of Dell’s annual observance of Hispanic Heritage Month each September. These observances recognize the contributions of Hispanics each year.
aDellante members provide additional support to Dell through other programs and initiatives, including:
- Participating in Dell’s New Hire Buddy Program to help newly-hired employees learn about and navigate within Dell.
- Supporting the Global Diversity Network Leadership Series.
- Supporting events that provide tips on how employees can get the most out of speed networking events.
- Serving as the lead volunteer organization for the Dell TechKnow program within the Austin Independent School District. Dell TechKnow is a program designed and offered by Dell to provide in-depth technology literacy and 21st century skills to students.
- Formation and management of the Dell employee team for the LIVESTRONG® Challenge. The Dell team was the largest corporate team in both the 2008 and 2007 LIVESTRONG events in Austin, and has raised more than $150,000 to support LIVESTRONG’s fight against cancer.